A blog about quilts'n stuff

A blog about quilts'n stuff

Friday 8 November 2013

A finish (about time, too!)

Yes, I'm a slow quilter, sewer. Yes, I'm easily distracted.
But when it's finished I'm so happy!

As I have no helpers in the house the pictures are less than perfect. 
Now on to the quilting which will be in straight (or organic ...) lines.
pattern = strips and bricks by Malka Dubrawski

On to the next project: I've already cut the fabric for the St. Louis quilt along, to which I finally succumbed.




But I don't know which one to start first:
St. Louis (this one)

or Maureen Cracknell's Herringbone (with easy tutorial)


6 comments:

  1. I'm doing organic straight lines right now! It's so much fun, plus you don't have to think too hard. It think it will look great with your quilt.
    As for your next one, maybe you should toss a coin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when it looks that good it doesnt matter how long it took to finish xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great top :) so much color and energy ! Both the other quilts are nice, but the herringbone wins in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so bright and cheerful, now the grey autumn/winter days are here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your colourful finish! I vote herringbone :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bright quilt top!!
    I’ve made a St Louis 16 Patch quilt (top....) and It was fun and easy, but I also love the Herringbone quilt!

    ReplyDelete